Using Cloud Partner Portal CPP API for managing Virtual Machine offers in Azure Marketplace
In this video, we look at how to use Cloud Partner Portal CPP API for managing “Virtual Machine” offers in Azure Marketplace.
The document called “Cloud Partner Portal API Reference” describes seemingly older API that existed with the previous version of the publisher portal called Cloud Partner Portal or CPP.
If you had used CPP in the past, you know that in 2019–2020 all offers were migrated to the new Microsoft Partner Center. Therefore, we might expect that all offer types should now be manageable via some new API exposed by the Partner Center. However, as the note in the doc above says, “Cloud Partner Portal APIs are integrated with and will continue working with Partner Center” for many of the offer types including Virtual Machines. While, the newer Partner Center Ingestion API only supports “Azure Application” (i.e. solution template and managed app) offer types (see this related article).
In this video walkthrough, we look at how to use Postman to invoke a few REST methods of the Cloud Partner Portal CPP API to view and update a Virtual Machine offer and see the changes reflect in the Partner Center UI.
You can download my Postman collection here.
This video is specifically about the “Virtual Machine” offer type. If you are looking at how to manage “Azure Application” offers, please see “Using Partner Center Ingestion API for managing Azure Application offers in Azure Marketplace”.
Tip: Play the video full screen.
So, should we use Partner Center API or Cloud Partner Portal CPP API?
Answer: It depends on the “offer type”
- VM Offers (and a few other types): cloudpartner.azure.com (described in this article)
- Azure Application Offers: api.partner.microsoft.com/ingestion/v1 (described in the related article)
My other posts and videos about Azure VM offers
- Simple Azure Marketplace Virtual Machine Offer: creating VM images and publishing in Partner Center
- Creating VHD Azure blob SAS URL from Azure Managed Image
- Using Self-Test API to validate VM images for publishing in Azure Marketplace
- Azure Marketplace API to programmatically review and accept publisher agreement/EULA
Please leave feedback and questions below or on Twitter https://twitter.com/ArsenVlad