Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) CNCF exam preparation resources that I found useful
Just wanted to share some of the resources that I found particularly useful in preparing for Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam by Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNFC) and The Linux Foundation.
- Kubernetes: Up & Running book by Brendan Burns, Joe Beda, and Kelsey Hightower
- Building Microservices book by Sam Newman
- Introduction to Kubernetes (LFS158) course by The Linux Foundation on edX.org
- Scalable Microservices with Kubernetes course by Google on Udacity
- Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258) course by The Linux Foundation
- Getting Started with Kubernetes course on Pluralsight
- Advanced Kubernetes Usage course on Udemy
- Kubernetes on the Cloud & The CNCF CKA Certification Course on Udemy
- Kubernetes the Hard Way tutorial by Kelsey Hightower
- Reading the docs at https://kubernetes.io/ (when I took the test in May 2018, this website was the only one allowed to be used during the 3 hour hands-on exam)
- Some of the TGI Kubernetes YouTube videos by Joe Beda, Heptio Founder and CTO
- Blog post How Heptio Engineers Ace the Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam
- Walid Shaari’s GitHub repo Kubernetes-Certified-Administrator
- Katacoda Kubernetes in-browser scenarios — https://www.katacoda.com/courses/kubernetes
- Official Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Program website including Candidate Handbook and Curriculum Overview
- Most importantly: hands-on practice and hacking with self-installed (i.e. minikube, kubeadm), AKS, and GKE Kubernetes clusters
I had the pleasure of taking the exam a few days ago. It was fun, challenging, and rewarding!
Good luck upskilling, practicing, and acing the CKA exam!
Also, take a look at blog post from July 5h, 2018 Preparing for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam and how it compares to CKA.
Please leave questions below or on Twitter https://twitter.com/ArsenVlad
Originally published at blogs.msdn.microsoft.com on May 17, 2018.